A delicatley spiced Mussel Soup makes a perfect appetiser warming up the tastebuds for the evening to come. I featured this soup in one of my pop up restuarants and received great reviews.
Bring it together
- Add 30 grams of butter to a saucepan and set on medium heat.
- Add the garlic and eschalots and saute for a minute.
- Add the turmeric and the ground cumin and coriander and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the mussel stock and coconut milk and bring to the boil.
- Add the sugar and salt and cook for a minute.
- Strain through a sieve into another pan.
- Add the rest of the butter and bring to boil.
- Cook the five mussels in a saucepan in boiling water until they open.
- Place them a serving dish and pour the soup over.